Tuesday, November 18, 2008

a poem by ee cummings

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart) i am never without it (anywhere
i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)
i fear
no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet) i want
no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and its you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder thats keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)

4 comments:

Alex Robinson said...

What a lovely poem.
Thanks for that

Devin said...

Thanks so much for your thoughtful comment wise woman-I am glad I caught it before going to bed for the night! I am going to try to link up to your blog and I hope to be around tomorrow and take a look at it. best wishes to you and that is a great name for a blog!-Devin

human being said...

wow! such a sublime poem... so soft... it feels like velvet... think years ago i should have read it... this line,

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

feels familiar to me...

thanks Devin for giving the address to this post... surely reading it here on a dear friend's blog is more impressive...

and how can i thank you for saying that you think of this when thinking of me?

a while ago i wrote the following work in the comments of one of my posts... it came to me because of the beautiful love friends share with us and the neverdying flame they light in our hearts... the fire of life...
now i write it here for you... to tell you how dear you are to all of us... how friendship erases the bordering lines...



just be...
=============

there is no line between
choosing or
being chosen

no line between
here and
there

now and
then

no line between
you and
me

how can i tell you
i love you?


.

Devin said...

human being- 'just be' brought tears to my eyes- thanks so very much for posting it here!!!!!!!!!
I feel so much love emanating from your heart that it amazes me - and I return the love back to you-
thanks so very much - love you!!!!!!!!!!!