Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Of Rabbit Holes and Ironies


Taking a small break from my so-called Encyclopedia project, I wanted to post a 'revelation' that came to me unbidden this evening while I was searching for more Bank of Credit and Commerce International stuff (among other juicy topics). BTW-I had no idea 2011 was the Chinese New Year (Lunar) of the Rabbit beginning 3 February 2011. Perhaps this is the year ALL of us go down the rabbit hole! First, let me post just a very small bit from Michael Grossinger's Waiting for the Martian Express from an essay he worked on way back in 1973-1975, called Third World Wipeout on page 45: "We live still in a Roman world. We retain, in archetype and urban structure, if not in coins and petroglyphs, the kin ties of Neolithic tribes, whose hierarchies bound the world in an equality no system has since restored. The proletariat is a joke beside the billions of acres of independent gatherers and smalltime farmers of the prior Earth. And our cities are now like cartoons amid the permafrost and coal-beds, the termitaries and wild birds. We are the last and most costumed guests at the Roman party. But we act like the saviors of mankind.

God knows, it is not our call to arms that exonerates us in the ledgers of a Third World creation myth; it is how humanely we do the number of being us while they do the number of being them. The liberals are still benighted enough to think we can help them by the positive power of our beliefs, or even our preference to be them, even our preference to help them before we help us. They know better. They simply want our cars and houses and mass-produced gadgets, our supermarkets and nightclubs. They don't want our piety or after dinner globalism.

Because we do not know enough. Because we will never know enough. And our attempts to seal this period of history with the same finality with which we have pretended to seal the Franks and the Huns are little more than big-city bravado. We lie in oblivion and whether what will cover us is Chinese or not will not matter. We sit in a hollow grandstand, and when it disappears it will take with it not just the mask of the falling metropolis but the shadows of our narcissistic gods.

We don't want it.
If we wanted it, we could have it. (Just like if we wanted marriage, we could have it; if we wanted utopia...) Why R.B. Fuller says: that, or oblivion-not realizing that he as well as us are the product of a choice made long ago"

My little contribution to the profound Prof. Michael Grossinger's thinking-and this is just a bit of thinking that reading his work started-I really don't even know how close to what he is trying to say it would be!
I had a thought this evening that WE had better hope the rabbit hole goes really freaking deep-so deep that it would appear as travelling through interstellar space-or maybe WE should start wanting IT and big-time! Why? Because THEY have all of the fucking guns, money, politicians, property, etc etc etc (most of the stuff that counts in meatspace reality anyway). So here is the shakeout I had from this: If the rabbit hole is only deep enough to where THEY want to pretty much control all of 3-D earthly reality-but nothing else-nothing to do with spirit or consciousness; that means WE are pretty much fucked for the things I listed above! BUT if the rabbit hole goes so deep that there is a spiritual element involved --a real SOUL level element--then 99.9% of us just might have a chance.

Sure that would mean they want the 'SOUL' part too, but it gives us an element of our own control, free will, destiny perhaps? The choice between serving God and others or serving whatever it is that THEY serve. I am also coming to believe more and more (I say this because I have been on this road of trying to understand reality and the world for quite a long time now) that what THEY do involves some sort of reality creation. I know it sounds crazy-but there it is. I also think that whatever WE do to combat their plans must involve reality creation and the archetypal/soul/spirit/imaginal level.

I was going to close this with a few lines from Corinthians-now of course I can't find it even though I highlighted the area! LOL-remember Ricardo Montalban and "real Corinthian leather"? Hope to be back to finish in a few minutes. I hope this post made sense-for some reason I felt a very pressing need to post this tonight-I even tried to ignore it but it wouldn't go away. If anyone reads this that is interested and doesn't understand please ask me!

Corinthians 2:11-15 11 For who among men knows the things of a man except the spirit of man that is in him? So, too, no one has come to know the things of God except the spirit of God.12 Now we received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is from God, that we might know the things that have been kindly given us by God.13 These things we also speak, not with words taught by human wisdom, but with those taught by [the] spirit, as we combine spiritual [matters]with spiritual [words].14 But a physical man does not receive the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot get to know [them], because they are examined spiritually.15 However, the spiritual man examines indeed all things, but he himself is not examined by any man.

Oh- one last thought that I might expand on later-especially with regard to reality and how God and WE might create it: Whomever among you says that the Universe is the ultimate free lunch (many times using modern physics to do it) is talkin' trash-or is it trash talkin'? Well whatever-the idea that this so-called 'cosmic vacuum' allowed the Universe to be created because said vacuum is unstable, is simply folks playing semantic games. They are trying to 'cheaply' in my opinion, get around this rather huge philosophical problem, of a WE who are HERE AT ALL to talk about philosophical problems!

I think this apparent need in many modern scientists, many different types of people really, to get rid of infinity/eternity is similar/the same of an apparent need to get rid of God. I believe something akin to Hoyle's Steady State theory or 'Electric/Plasma' Universe theory will replace the so-called Big Bang theory. Just because our human minds when they are on 'normal' frequencies can't conceive of something, doesn't mean those somethings don't exist! And this includes what I believe to be the infinite/eternal nature of the Cosmos. But really this should have been another post-sorry!

11 comments:

X. Dell said...

Happy Easter to you too, friend.

Devin said...

Hiya Xdell!!
thanks so much for stoppin by!!
I felt dumb when I realized I had published a pic without any text - finally found quote i was looking for - hope to get by Xspot very soon if not tonight-tomorrow
allthe best to you!!

darkfoam said...

your last paragraph? i completely agree. oh, and i love that photo up above. did you take it?

X. Dell said...

(1) A joke comes to mind: quantum particles--the dreams stuff is made of.

(2) When researching the Lennon series, I came across a comment where he explains a line in his X-Mas song: "War is over if you want it."

To some extent I can concede that's true. After all, nothing happens without will. But is it just about will? What if a tiny people will it, but most don't. Who wins? Or what if a very tiny microfraction of elites has a will that conflicts with the remaining 99.5% of us? Who wins that struggle, and why?

Then too, do we really know what we want? Or would we recognize it if we had it?

(3) Hmmm. Interesting commentary. Wanting the rabbit-hole is something I can understand, and I can't argue against your reasoning.

When I taught media studies, I often introduced a model of phenomenology that would help students see how they got the knowledge they have, how their realities are in large part subjective, and thus might not have much bearing on the empirical universe. One of the ways to do this is to take away language that denotes a theoretical knowledge of a concept or object, and force everyone to deal with that item as though they've never seen or heard of anything like it. It is, in essence taking them really deep down the rabbit hole.

(4) I don't know if I'd ever want a utopian society. Even the kindest of them (e.g., B.F. Skinner's Waldon II) seem awfully totalitarian, while many more seem downright fascistic.

Now if it were MY version of utopia, I might be interested. Then again, maybe not. After all, someone, somewhere would see my utopia as their hell.

Anadæ Quenyan Effro said...

……. Devin! I'm so glad to have you back in the blogosphere. Why, I think I speak for the majority of your readership when I admit that I was beginning to wonder whether or (k)NOT(work) you had fallen down a rabbit hole yourself! Shwew!

Hey, man, only those of us who can access the Akasha are aware of just how far infinity goes. Mayhap not even they can. But don't be too down on science for being evasive of higher truths. There's still hope. I mean, look at what I recently found here. Hopeful, innit?

Anywho, Devin, as a special surprise for you & to welcome you back in fine form, have a looksy @ my art site. I've gone to the length of explaining my pieces in plain, ordinary, everyday language, just to make my(s)elf more easily understood.

Best wishes to you this Easter/Ostara & onward,
Anadæ Quenyan Effro

Devin said...

thanks so much foam!!
your haiku the other day inpsired me to try a new round (god forbid) of poetry and it was gonna be dedicated to you -but havent finished
the line i have completed is this:
'sometimes its nice to float on the 'foamy' waves of being'
there is more but i think i will scrap most of it haha
all the best to you my friend!!
ps i think the last para summarizes my thoughts too!!

Devin said...

Anadae!!
my word so nice to see your comment here!!
I havent seen you round in a king's or maybe queens age:-)
then i saw your comment at michaels place and was happy to see you still come to blogland now and then!!
i will take a look at your store asap -
thanks as always for your wonderful linkage!!
i have gotten so lazy with that -dont rememver how to do it -but have it written down from when Justin showed me-will start doing again where applicable:-)
all the best to you my friend!!
ps thanks again for the health infor you sent me awhile back -still using it!!

Devin said...

another awesome comment Xdell!!
thanks so much!!
when i was reading this particular comment by you i was thinking that you will think i should be committed if i post what i think i am going to post next haha!!
not sure yet -wanted to 2nite at first but dont know if i feel up to it now -and like i say -it might seem 'kooky' to many of you -
altho you know me -never afraid to make a fool of myself!!

i know what you mean by saying many peoples utopia would probably be other peoples hell-i know my idea of it would make my straight guy friends wince;-()!!
but did you ever hear what PKD said about this reality/world -something to the effect that he didnt accept it and it wasn't good enough for him -i will try to find the exact quote or video
the area i was comign from was not perfection -but this world with its huge amounts of uncalled for viciousness, greed, horror, -well you get the picture of what i am thinking-i meant to put much more iwht this part -but forgot will come back to it

the first paras of your comment i completely relate to and am hoping that enough people change eventually for REAL change to happen--this is actually pretty much my last hope for the human race and sometimes i dont even believe it can happen!!
we are getting ourselves cornered into a series of boxes that will be very hard if not impossible to escape from God help us!!
all the best to you my friend as always!!

for all of you who commented and still commenting since my unintentioned vacation --cant thank you enough--i didnt know if anyone would ever come back i had been gone from this area of the web for so long --a lot of it had to do (seeing this in retrospect quite a bit)
with my not feelign exactly up to par a lot of the time --please accept my apolgies if i sound like i am whining and bitching!!
I am trying some new pain mgmt techniques which i hope will help a bunch

OH and Happy Happy Easter to all of you also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dont fall down any rabbit holes:-)
and much hugs and love to you!!!!!!!
ps if any of you have updated i will get to you very soon -promise!!
i know benji has for a bit now and need to go there first -i think i will wait til my head is a bit more clear from pain meds as I dont know if i am making any sense!!

Devin said...

O meant to say to foam -I also just loved this pic -but I found this on the web and didnt take it
myself
atb to you!!

Unknown said...

Have you seen this?

http://darkstar888.blogspot.com/search/label/Rabbit%20Hole

Devin said...

Hi DS 888 --I hadnt seen that I dont think anyway so I will go and read it in a bit !!
I was going to go to DS today anyway so that will be cool --I forgot to check my email so I will go check that after I respond to comments!! and no prob if you didnt have time to respond anyway!!
all the best to you my friend!!